Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Adventures in the WC

This past week, I had my first "business trip". I travelled with my boss, which was fun. I like getting to know new people. Before we headed home, we ducked out of our meeting and headed for the ladies' room. We talked on the short walk down the hall, as we both entered our stalls, and the talk continued as I sat down to do my business.

Now, it is my firm belief that talking while in the bathroom should be kept to a minimum. Otherwise, I'm struck by the unavoidable feeling that I'm sitting next to somebody while peeing. When my boss is talking to me, especially about work-related things, I'm struck by the unavoidable feeling that my boss can hear me peeing.

Pippy, I've learned, is rather obsessed with the bathroom. Not only does she guard the sink until I turn on the faucet for her to drink from, but sometimes, she doesn't even let me in bathroom at all. My first night here, Nate told me that the bathroom actually belonged to Pippy, and she was only letting me use it. I've found this to be truer than I ever imagined.

Last night, for the first time, she allowed me to hold her, while I was taking care of business. She repeated this in the morning. When I told Nate and Rebecca about it, Nate told me that she loves water so much, that she worships anybody sitting on that throne. To hear more of her antics, consider reading the Pippy and Champ blog. It's good stuff.

No comments:

 
Welcome to the real world - Free Blogger Templates - by Templates para novo blogger